Iqama insurance is medical insurance in Saudi Arabia for expats which are mandatory for the issuance and the renewal of Iqama. It is also necessary for the family members living with the Iqama holder. For this compulsion, expats care for the validity of their health insurance like iqama expiry. This procedure is called a health insurance check, insurance inquiry, and iqama insurance check. These all terms are common in foreign workers living in the Kingdom.
Two methods are used for insurance inquiry. You can know the status of your health insurance policy with both. One of them is ‘’Health insurance check with CCHI’’ while the other is with MOI. We will explain both methods, you can adopt one of them according to your convenience.
Iqama insurance check with CCHI
In this method, we check our Iqama insurance details on the website of the Council of Cooperative Health Insurance (CCHI). It is a simple way for health insurance check in which we come to know about the insurance company and the expiry date of the policy. So let’s start Iqama insurance check with this procedure.
- Click on the link to open the CCHI website.
- There are many tabs on the bottom of the home page. We will click on ‘’Inquire about health insurance”.
- A new page will be open where the procedure to use E-Service is also given. We sill simply click on ”Service link” tab.
- Now ”Insurance Inquiry” page is opened. Here is a box of ”Identity Number”. We can also enter our Iqama or border number here. Then enter image code in the second box and click on ”OK”
- The simplest procedure is completed and the system is showing you your insurance company and the expiry date of your Iqama insurance. Check Iqama Fund
Procedure to check insurance expiry date of visitor
Friends, you can also check the insurance expiry date of a visit visa holder on the CCHI website. The procedure is very short because we are providing you a short cut link to reach the desired page.
1. First of all click on this link.
2. Enter the passport number of the visitor.
3. Now enter image code and click on ”OK’’ button.
The process is completed and you can check insurance expiry date on the next page.
Insurance inquiry with MOI
Follow these steps for insurance inquiry with MOI.
- Open the MOI website by clicking on this link.
- Change the language from Arabic to English.
- Click on Electronic Inquires ”Passports”.
- Now click on “Public query Health Insurance Validity’’
- On opening a new page, enter your Iqama number and image code, then press the ‘’View’’ button.
- The validity of your Iqama insurance will be shown on the next page.
(Also read: STC Balance Transfer)
Medical insurance in Saudi Arabia for expats
Friends, here we are going to discuss the rules for medical insurance in Saudi Arabia for expats. As you know, health insurance is compulsory for expats working and living in KSA but this condition is not implemented on domestic workers. They are under the cover of their sponsors or Kafeels. Who is responsible for their all health-related issues. Usually, Kafeel registers their home servants in government health centers.
The other foreign workers are bound to get iqama insurance at the expense of their sponsors. Common workers fall in C category and insurance companies in Saudi Arabia issue them C category cards. They can get medical treatment in specific health centers mentioned in the health insurance policy.
These policies do not provide full heath cover to the expats and they have to pay from their pockets in many cases. So most workers try to get private expat health insurance. Check MOI Traffic Violation in Saudia
Extension in insurance of family visit visa holders
90 days’ health insurance policy is issued to all visit visa holders. However, it must be extended for the next 90 days if the visitor is applying for an extension in his visa. You can get a ninety days’ health insurance policy for a visitor by paying SR 30 to SR 100. These rates vary by the age and gender of the visitor as well as by company to company.
Authorized insurance companies for Visitors in KSA
These insurance companies are authorized for medical insurance in Saudi Arabia for expats. You can also get a health insurance policy for your family visitors from these companies after checking the rates and packages from their websites. ویزا گائیڈ بک اردو میں پڑھیں
- Al Rajhi Company for Cooperative Insurance
- Saudi United Cooperative Insurance
- Arabian Shield Cooperative Insurance Company
- AXA Cooperative Insurance Company
- Allied Cooperative Insurance Group
- Tawuniya cooperative Insurance Company
- BUPA Arabia for Cooperative Insurance
Hospitals in Saudi Arabia
Usually, foreigner visiting KSA, search for ‘’Hospitals in Saudi Arabia’’. We are providing here a list of 20 major hospitals situated in different Saudi cities with addresses and phone numbers.
Al Hamadi Hospital Khalid Ibn Yazid Ibn Muawiyah, Al Olaya, Riyadh, Phone: 11 462 2000
Al Yamama Hospital Al-Imam Ash Shafii, Al Manar, Riyadh, Phone: 11 491 4444
Almana General Hospital Building A, 7396 Prince Talal St, Al Khobar Al Shamalia, Al Khobar Phone: 13 898 7000
Dammam Central Hospital King Khaled St, Ghirnatah, Dammam, Phone: 55 407 2025
Dr. Erfan & Bagedo General Hospital Al Mahad As Sinai, Al Faisaliyah, Jeddah Phone: 2 682 0022
Dr. Soliman Fakeeh Hospital Falastin, Jeddah, Phone: 12 665 5000
GNP Hospital Al Amir Sultan, Jeddah Phone: 12 682 3200
International Medical Center Jeddah Hail, Jeddah Phone: 12 650 9000
Jizan National Clinic Bakhsha, Jazan Phone: 7322 0703
King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital Al Kurnaysh Rd, Al Andalus, Jeddah, Phone: 12 232 8888
King Fahad Medical City Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Rd, As Sulimaniyah, Riyadh Phone: 11 288 9999
King Fahad National Guard Hospital P.O. Box 22490, Riyadh Phone: 11 801 1111
King Fahad Specialist Hospital 6830 Ammar Bin Thabit St, Al Muraikabat, Dammam Phone: 13 843 1111
King Faisal Specialist Hospital Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Rd, Al Mathar Ash Shamali, Riyadh Phone: 9200 12312
King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital Al Urubah Branch Rd, Umm Al Hamam Al Gharbi, Riyadh Phone: 11 482 1234
Maternity & Children Hospital Ali Ibn Abi Taleb Street, Dammam Phone: 13 842 6666
Obeid Specialized Hospital King Fahd Branch Rd, Al Olaya, Riyadh Phone: 11 476 7222
Saudi American Clinic Al Kurnaysh Rd, Al Hamra’a Dist., Jeddah Phone: 2 660 5050
Saudi German Hospital King Fahad Branch Road, As Sahafah, Riyadh Phone: 11 268 5555
Saudi German Hospital Jeddah4 Batter jee Road, Al-Zahra District, Jeddah, Phone: 2 682 9000