The procedure to get Omani Passport
Oman is an Arab Islamic country. Its official name is ‘’Sultanate of Oman”. Total population of Oman is 50 lac and majority is Muslim. It has a rich oil based economy. Its currency is Omani Riyal which is equal to 400 PKR. Jobs are available and thousands of Pakistanis are working there.
Omani passport has a value and rank on 67th position in the world. According to the Henley Passport Index Omani passport holders can travel to 77 countries without visa or on arrival visa. As Oman is a part of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), its citizens need no visa to enter GCC member countries Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Omani Citizenship Rules
Times of Oman has revealed that the Ministry of Interior has relaxed the citizenship rules by its executive order 92/2019. According to this order now the expats who want to obtain Omani passport will file an application in the ministry. Its fee is 600 Omani Riyal. Although the spouses or previous spouses of Omani citizens will pay only 300 Riyal.
The basic requirement is that the applicant should be current resident of Oman with an active job. The other need is a medical certificate which prove that the applicant has no such disease which may spread with communication.
Read it: UK citizenship in Urdu
Documents required for Omani Citizenship
- Your homeland Passport with a valid visa
- Copy of I.D card
- Copy of a valid residency card of Oman
- If applicant is married, he will have to attach marriage certificate.
- Copies of the passport of all family members.
- Copy of certificate for marriage of a foreigner, if married to a Omani woman.
- Character certificate obtained from both homeland and Oman.
- Health certificate which ensure that the applicant has no Communicable Diseases.
- Income certificate issued by the employer.
- Permission of homeland embassy to loss his first passport according to the law.
- written declaration at the ministry that includes the names of all his underage children and their documents.
- The applicant will have to pass Arabic language test in Oman. He will be given three chances to get success.
Also read: Qatar citizenship
According to the new rules, the new citizen remains a long-term resident of Oman and cannot spend six months outside the country at once without the permission of interior ministry.