Procedure to get new Pakistani Passport
- 1 Pakistani Passport
- 2 Passport Office in Pakistan
- 3 Passport office Islamabad
- 4 Passport office Lahore
- 5 Pakistani Passport online renewal
- 6 Pakistani Passport Value
Pakistani passport is required when you intend to travel outside the Pakistan. There is no doubt, it is the identification of every Pakistani. It is issued to every national in the age of 18 after the completion of national identity card process. The both ID card (NADRA) and passport offices run under the Ministry of Interior.
The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports issues machine-readable Pakistani passport of three types which are Diplomatic , Official and Ordinary Passport. This facility is available in all regional passport offices and Pakistani embassies.
Passport Office in Pakistan
There are 156 passport offices in Pakistan including Azad Kashmir and Gilgit to collect applications for Pakistani Passport. The break up of this total is as under:
Passport offices in Islamabad: 02
Passport offices in Punjab: 50
Passport offices in Sindh: 26
Passport offices in K.P: 28
Passport offices in Baluchistan: 28
Passport offices in Azad Kashmir:11
Passport offices in Gilgit Baltistan:09
Passport offices in Fata: 02
Passport office Islamabad
If you are searching “passport office Islamabad” to get your Pakistani Passport, you may find two offices in capital city which are serving citizens. Directorate General of Immigration and Passports is also there. First one is regional Passport office Islamabad from where people can get passport as per routine with ordinary service. It is situated in
Markaz G 10, 13-C, Al-Hussain Plaza. For contact: 051-9239308
Passport office Islamabad Timings
Passport office Islamabad Timings are 9:00 am to 5:00 PM, however applications for Pakistani passport are being received till 13:00 PM. You should try to reach there before 9 am to complete application process.
Executive passport office Islamabad
Second passport office in Islamabad is Executive Passport office Islamabad, where one window service is available. Citizens of capital enjoy good service and better environment there. There are no long queues and you can save your time by paying a little bit extra for convenience.
Executive passport office Islamabad also provide home delivery service. Address is as under:
19A Pak plaza, Fazal e haq road Blue Area, Islamabad.
Passport office Lahore
When we talk about passport office Lahore, it is satisfactory that there are four offices. You may visit your nearest one to get your Pakistani Passport. Addresses of these offices are as under:
Passport office Lahore 1: 15 A, Abbott Road, near Police Station Qila Gujar Singh. (Phone:042-9201997-9201916)
passport office Lahore 2: 4-A, Sher Shah Block, New Garden Town Lhr. (Phone:042-9201836)
passport office Lahore 3: Bar Council office,Lahore High Court
passport office Lahore 4: Saeed Park, near Ravi Toll Plaza, Shahdara.
Requirements for Pakistani Passport
Every Pakistani citizen having CNIC is eligible for Pakistani Passport. Even that there under age children also can get passports on the base of NADRA Form B.
Now after the computerization of all records, the only requirement for Pakistani passport is you NADRA issued Identity Card. In case of under age children it will be From B and CNICs of parents.
Procedure to get Pakistani Passport
If you want to get your first ever Pakistani passport, you will have to visit regional passport office in your home District according to your permanent address given in ID card. The following steps are included in the procedure.
Step 1: Before visiting the passport office, you have to deposit passport fee in National Bank of Pakistan.
Passport fee challan form
A prescribed passport fee challan form is available for this purpose in National bank. This form is now published in green color. passport fee challan form is free but Bank will charge RS 30 as deposit fee.
Step 2: After depositing passport fee, you will visit passport office before 1:00 PM with your original ID card plus two photo copies and bank receipt. A token will be issued on first counter on your turn.
Step 3: On second counter, your picture will be taken.
Step 4: Then you will reach on biometric counter, where finger prints will be taken.
Step 5: Now your data record is to be checked on Data Entry counter. This person will provide you a print of your data record. You have to sign this paper after reading it carefully.
Step 6: Now Assistant Director will ask some question from you and receive date paper along with ID card copies and bank receipt.
Congratulations, the passport application procedure is competed. You can get your ordinary passport after 10, while urgent in 4 days by showing your token receipt.
If you want to get new Pakistani passport for five years validity, Passport fee will be as under
Normal 36 Pages passport fee: Rs.3,000 (For 10 years: RS 5,400)
Urgent 36 Pages passport fee: Rs.5,000 (For 10 years: RS 9,000)
Normal 72 Pages passport fee: Rs.55,00 (For 10 years: RS 9,900)
Urgent 72 Pages passport fee: Rs.9,000 (For 10 years: RS 16,200)
Normal 100 Pages passport fee: Rs.6,000 (For 10 years: RS 10,800)
Urgent 100 Pages passport fee: Rs.12,000 (For 10 years: RS 21,600)
For Lost Passport
For first time lost, ordinary fee is RS 6000/ while urgent is Rs 10,000/. It will be doubled for second time lost and tripled for third time.
Track your passport
You can get information about your under process Pakistani Passport, either it is printed or is under process. You will also be informed, if it is shipped to your regional passport office.
You can use this tracking SMS service by just sending your eleven digit token number to 9988 by SMS. (Also read: visa free countries for Pakistani)
Applicants can also contact DG office by mail in case of any problem. E-mail address of DG Passport office is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Minors passport
The minors below 18 years are also issued Pakistani passport now. The need following documents.
- Computerized B- Form or Family Registration Certificate
- Original and Copies of parents ID Cards
- Guardianship certificate in case of separation of parents.
- Death Certificate if mother or father has passed away.
Requirements for official passport
If you are an govt. employee and want to get official passport , then will have to submit following documents.
- A valid CNIC
- Appointment letter and official card.
- No-Objection Certificate of the department.
Pakistani Passport online renewal
Friends, you can renew you Pakistani passport online while living abroad. This facility was introduced in 2016. We are elaborating the whole procedure in an easy way here.
Requirements for online renewal of Pakistani passport
To renew your Pakistani Passport online, you should have these papers and apparatus.
- Valid Identity Card
- Expired or maximum 7 month valid passport
- Passport size photo with white back ground
- Credit or debit visa/Master card
- Computer/laptop with internet connection
- Color scanner and Printer
- Finger print/stamp pad
Procedure of online renewal of Pakistani passport
- First of all visit official website of NADRA https://onlinemrp.nadra.gov.pk/e-passport/ and create new account. system will send you a verification mail after the creation of account. Then you will have to follow these steps.
- Log in to your account. Then the page of terms and conditions will be shown, you have to click on “agree” after reading all points.
- Now the next page will be opened where you have to add your data, i.e, passport number, issue and expiry dates. Fill these boxes very carefully, as you will not make any change in data after paying the fee. After completing this page you will click on “next”.
- On next page you will have to fill up ten boxes like Identity card number, passport type, pages, validity period and country of residency etc. The nearest Pakistani embassy will also have to mention so that you may be called for interview in case of any confusion.
- You will be asked for delivery address on next page. After entering address, the passport renewal fee including delivery charges will be appeared on the screen. Calculate fee and click on “next”.
- This page is for Passport fee payment for which any credit or debit card is required. It may be on any name.
- On the completion of payment procedure, a message will be received both by SMS and E mail.
- Now when you will click on “next”, an error message may be shown. Do worry, simply click on “back to log in” and log in again. Then click on tracking I.D in existing application.
- You may proceed after opening the previous page, here you have to enter your some personal information. Your e-mail ID and cell number provided here will be used for the delivery of new Pakistani passport. Be careful while entering these numbers.
- Next page will be about your permanent address in Pakistan. It will be filled automatically because your information is already saved in NADRA data base.
- Now the page regarding relatives information will be shown. Read this info and click on “next”.
- Now you have to scan and upload your photo. Already scanned photo is also valid.
- Then you will upload scanned copies of your old passport and ID card.
- Now by clicking on next a form will be downloaded on your system. Get its print and place your finger prints in required boxes with the help of stamp pad.
- Scan this form and upload on the system. After completing it, complete application will be shown on the screen for review. Check all information given in the application and check the four boxes of declaration. Now you will again click on “Next”.
The procedure of renewal of Pakistani passport is completed and its message is showing on the screen as ” Application submitted successfully”.
Friends, an e-mail will also be sent to you regarding the submission of application. Then after three or four days, you will receive another e-mail intimating that your application have been approved and forwarded for next process. You can relax now, as with in a month your new Pakistani passport will be sent on your address.
Note: According to the official website the estimated application completion time is 16.5 minutes. If we show its break up, it will be 2 min for user registration. 2 minutes for Selecting application category and passport delivery details. The procedure of fee payment will also take two minutes. One minute for personal information, two minutes for address, two minutes for uploading photograph and supporting documents will consume. Five minutes will be required for Printing, scanning and uploading of finger print form. At last you will review the application in half-minute.
Pakistani Passport Value
Pakistani Passport is our identity and have most value for us. But when we talk about its international value, it is not only unsatisfactory but also alarming. It falls in the world’s bad passport list. The said list is published by Hanley Passport Index, which is a credible international organization.
Although Pakistani passport has improve its position as compare to last year, yet it is still 5th worst passport in the world. It is better than only Somalia, Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. The question is how did our country reach here? Green passport was being respected throughout the world, a few decades ago. Of course, unrest, corruption and unemployment are the major reasons. Our youth go abroad by using all means and never come back for the sack of money. On the other hand foreigners do not like to visit our country due to above said reasons. In this way Pakistani passport lost its value.
If Pakistani passport holders go abroad, there will be a separate counter for the flight coming from Pakistan. It happens especially the airports of United States, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Britain and many other countries. Pakistani passengers have to face checking of several hours.
Due to the wrong policies of our rulers and unfair acts of our public in the past 72 years, we have reached this point that no country wants to give a general visa to a Pakistani. If an American or European visa is found after crossing the fire, we have to face discrimination on the airports. This is the value of Pakistani passport in real. We can restore its value only by showing honesty and peacefulness.
History of Pakistani Passport
First Pakistani passport was Issued in late 1947. Its cover was a little bit large and partially green. “Pakistan Passport” was written on cover in English, Urdu and Bengali. Two flags were printed on the title symbolically showing the East and West Pakistan. The particulars of the holder were written by hand on the first page. That time all countries allow visa on arrival on this newly born state’s passport.
Pakistan started issuing the biometric passports In 2004 which meets with ICAO standards. Later on in 2012, Multi-biometric e-Passport was introduced. Now the preparations for E passport are going on in interior ministry. Also read: Pakistan new visa policy